Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Google Reader at Cross Purposes with Google Adsense

Only recently I discovered about Google Reader. Like all things Google, the Reader is easy to use and nicely aggregates all your favorite websites, blogs and rss feeds under one location. Any updates to any of these sites are updated automatically, so you no longer have to wait and wonder about whether your favorite site or blogger has added some latest content or not. Here is my shared reader links.

My first thought was great - now I don't even need to keep my firefox tabs open all the time. But then I was like wait a minute! I wondered if this is actually good news for people who have Google Adsense on their websites. If a lot of subscribers just check out their Reader feeds and decide not to visit your homepage what do you do? Is Google Reader actually in some ways at cross-purposes with Google Adsense which would thrive on people visiting lots of sites and clicking through google ads eventually?

2 comments:

Neeraj Bhope said...

Not really. Google acquired FeedBurner some time back :-)

NikhilS said...

Yeah so? That still does not answer my query? :)