Wednesday, December 3, 2008

FC 10!

So a while ago, I upgraded my laptop from FC8 to FC10. It was a pretty simple process because the upgrade operation identified my existing FC8 partition and smoothly upgraded in roughly an hour and 30 minutes without asking for too much. Simple, nice and easy I say. Anyways, here are some reasons why you should upgrade to FC 10 (or this is what Redhat claims to be the reasons):

#1. Speeding Up the Boot Process
#2. The Excellent Solar Theme
#3. Making Printing Snappy – and Attractive
#4. Better Webcam Support
#5. Improved Virtualization
#6. Live image creation tools
#7. Global community efforts
#8. PackageKit (user-friendly yum!)

Read more details about the above and some more here. And let me close this entry with this quote that I read somewhere today :)

"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)"

No comments: