Monday, July 14, 2008

iPhoney!!

Hmmm, if you go to techcrunch, the last 15-20 posts have been about iPhone. The hype, the apps, the wait and the likes. Seems to be some sort of a frenzy out there in the US for the next 3G phone from Apple. I even watched the somewhat funny video at this posting for waiting in line for 5 plus hours without any results.

I was trying to compare this with whats happening back in India. Vodafone did some adverts about launching the iPhone in India and I did contemplate for a second or two about sending them an sms about wanting to be one of the early users. But thats about it, I guess. I think people in America tend to have this ME FIRST mindset a lot. Long lines for the Wii, new star trek movies. Camping out for some new game launch etc. etc. I guess South Indian movie fans do this ;), but generally I do not find such fanatical single mindedness happening for such kind of stuff around in India.

Guess most Indians have more pertinent things to think about..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishful and rather optimistic thinking, that!!