Monday, June 2, 2008

RailsConf - Day 4

Final day! We had to check out from the hotel in the morning itself. Denis, George are seasoned travellers and they were all ready and packed up at breakfast time! I was having some trouble adjusting to the additional 3 hours of lag introduced by travelling from the east to the western parts and arrived late for the breakfast too because of it. Denis then told me to check out of the room in 5 minutes. I made it in time by unceremoniously stuffing clothes, etc into the bag. My bag is a bit heavy. I always commit the mistake of carrying more clothes that I end up wearing on my visits :(.

Denis/George were going to speak about our RubyES - Ruby Enterprise Stack using PostgreSQL. We reached the convention center and prepared some pamphlets to spread the word about our session which was at 10:45 AM. Since it was the last day, the crowd was somewhat thinner at the venue than before. The session went well with a good round of Q & A at the end. Go here if you want to learn more and would like to play around with the stack. And if you want to know what I did in this stack, you can check out my screencast here too. The screencast was created using Jing. Check it out, my voice shouldn't scare you away :)

It was a half day session and our flight was at 9:55 PM. So we spent the remaining time at the bar in the Marriott that we had been staying in. We watched a bit of Shallow Hal, with Jack Black still being funny everytime I watch it. Denis and I also nursed some beers. I also had a shot of Goldschlager (which actually contains pure gold in it!) towards the end to get me into a sleepy mood for the flight :)

Got on to the flight to end my first RailsConf. It was not too bad!

No comments: